The following information is for Street Sense Media Artist/Vendors. Click here if you are interested in becoming a vendor at Street Sense Media, or contact the Director of Vendor Employment, Thomas Ratliff.
Sell Papers at These Large Upcoming Events
- Sept. 29 – Oct. 1. World Cultural Festival on the National Mall.
Learn How to Accept Other Forms of Payment
Let’s work on those paper sales together! Come see Thomas to learn how to accept Venmo and CashApp payments. He can also show you hot to use Twitter and Facebook to let customers know where you’re selling at.
Check Out Local Farmers Markets
New MetroBus LIFT Program
- 50% off all Metrobus and Metrorail trips for those enrolled in SNAP benefits in DC, Maryland, or Virginia.
- Get details and sign-up by visiting this website: https://www.wmata.com/fares/Reduced-Fare-Programs/MetroLift/index.cfm.
- Or sign-up in person at the Metro Center Metro Offices, the L’Enfant Metro Headquarters, or the New Carrollton Metro Offices.
- Or see Darick in Case Management for sign-up support.
Paper Sales and Admin Office Hours
- Monday – Friday | 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Except Thursdays, when the office closes early at 3:15 p.m. for staff meeting.
- Monday | Poetry Workshop | 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday | Illustration Workshop | 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday | Writer’s Workshop | 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday | Theater Workshop | 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- Thursday | Workplace Workshop | 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Friday | F.A.C.E | 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Case Management Schedule
- Monday | Closed
- Tuesday | Open from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday | Open from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday | open from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday | Closed
Working with the Editorial Team on Your Writing
- Our Editorial Team wants to work with you! But they’re getting the new issue ready every other Monday and Tuesday. So come see them in the morning on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! If their door’s open, go on in and see them.
- Also, they come to Writer’s Workshop each week just to work with you! Writer’s Workshop is every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.
- You can turn in a writing any day of the week. If the Editorial office is closed when you stop by with your writing, just leave it with Thomas or Maria in the Admin Office.
- Receive extra newspapers for referring someone you know to new vendor orientation.
- Vendors continue to receive free papers for proof of COVID-19 vaccination.